View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 04:11 PM   #412
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Popped over to see Kevin Kelly this afternoon, he lives about 600 meters from me in a straight line, but 1km by road.

His Rolls Royce based Deusenberg replica is painted, body taken off one more time.

The main reason I popped over was to pick Kevin’s brain on manageing the chassis steel I had started to strip back.

He has some queens awards for engineering etc, used work in the marine environment

I really did not plan on doing much work on the chassis, rather wanting it up and running.

But typically @pauly insisted I media blast the chassis before painting it all, including the rear axle and front crossmember etc.

Anyway, Kevin suggested, based on my basic needs that I clean it up as well as I wanted, and then took me to his shed, which is a rather large brick building and pulled this tin of grey primer off the shelf.

Suggesting I paint it with the primer, followed by spraying or brushing underseal ( though PaulY suggested chassis black) over it once dried

I asked what I could pay him for it, and his reply was “It’s been there a very log time, do me a favour and use it”

I do not know the details of the paint, so if anyone knows more, please say your piece right here.

I came home for another online meeting from 3-4 then went out to the garage.

Spent about 30 minutes scraping a bit of the front bumper, then Sally got home and I cooked us a quick Rump, mushrooms and onions plus spicy rice.

Then she went home as she is up at 4.00am every day to get to work and start at 06.00

Factory work certainly sucks.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote