View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:04 PM   #17
FLYNAVY30

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
A couple of things to consider. There is a real problem out there with cheap knock off sensors being sold in Bosch and other OE packaging. The quality manufacturers are playing Wack-A-Mole trying to shutdown the counterfeiters.
Second is O2 sensors are sensitive to voltage fluctuations. The OE'S supply them with stable voltage from a power conditioner that is usually built-in to the ECM. Most aftermarket stuff just hooks them to the battery directly exposing them to all the voltage drops and spikes associated with starting the engine.

Good luck.
Thanks, in my case, the sensor is receiving power directly through the Holley Dominator ECU, so ideally, that should in limit the voltage spikes.

I've ordered all my replacements directly from Holley, though these do have a reputation for questionable quality. So far, I got:

6 years out of sensor #1
7 months out of sensor #2
1 month out of sensor #3
24 hours out of sensor #4

sensor #5 is in the car as it sits, which is what got me home from work the last time I was left stranded, but like I said, I'm hesitant to drive the damn thing because theres typically no warning or indication. The sensor fails, AFR spikes at an indication of 36.5, and the truck dies.
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote