View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #20
Smooth1SITF

Thumbs up My 1969 Chevrolet C-10 Short Bed/SWB Fleetside Pickup

You are correct. That original cab is horrible, but it can have some of the parts salvaged off of it. I do have 2 replacement cabs. I bought a 1969 long-bed cab a month ago and I picked up another one today from my old shop teacher Michael Middleton at North Side High School in Fort Worth, TX. The only issue with it is its a 1972 cab and I am building a 1969. The reason I bought this cab is because it has the factory AC vents and holes in which I do plan to go old school factory AC with my build so, im still making it into a 1969 because its a all around beautiful truck. I have the other cab extra and will be selling it soon (if anyone is interested) because I no longer need it.

I chose Nate's to model because it caught my attention and is just what I wanted, the color is perfect. I might go slightly different overall scheme than his with mine, but more than likely it will be close in similarity.

Ill post some new pics of the new cab here soon. I have some military duty next week and my tear-down project is currently on HOLD due to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looks like a nice project. That original cab was really roached. I like your plans for the build. I have always loved Nate's 69. True classic...
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote