View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 08:10 PM   #61
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Update.
Finally after 4 years, I have concrete in the shop. I could have had it done years ago, but we are trying to pay cash as we go, by the time we decided to have it done back in September every contractor was busy. One had promised to fit us in on a rain day, and quoted us what we figured was a fair price. After contacting him many times, and hearing many excuses over a period of several months, he promised to show up the first week of January. When he still did not show,we decided to go with another contractor, that had previously been too busy. The price was more, but he had fiber added to the 4500# mix . He also had additional cost involved with winter heat for the aggregate and hot water in the mix. The building had been heated since October, so he was able to have his crew pour the slab last Wednesday January 20th 2021.
I had prepped the slab for a 2 post lift, adding rebar and mesh and large footing pads. The concrete under the areas where the posts will be are 12”thick, the remaining slab is 4.5”
Very soon I will be able to work on the truck again, this winter/spring will be a whole lot more comfortable in the shop.
Attached Images