Thread: 55.2-59 Hood wont close
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 02:15 AM   #15
lynx5653

Re: Hood wont close

All the info and suggestions given to me make a lot of sense and I should have check all those things as truck was being put together. However I did not do the assembly myself, I paid to have the truck built with the understanding the people I paid knew what to do. Truck was all put together runs and drives I am just trying to get a better fitment of body panels before I attempt any needed minor body work and paint. Truck is very solid no sign of any rust or major damage to any parts. I have to assume that all that offered me advise did not read my signature stating it is 55-2 on an 86 chassis. Knowing this I have no reference points to measure since manual only gives points on original frame. I will still try to follow suggestions the best I can and hope for a better outcome .For the most part door gaps look pretty good to me it is the front sheet metal giving me problems. Will do my best to level and square cab to frame. Then start hanging front sheet metal according to directions given from others on this forum. I do not plan or want to remove engine ,trans or other major parts just to achieve perfect gaps which is almost impossible anyway. my main concern was really just getting hood to close properly but I guess that has opened a whole new can of worms. Really want truck on the road by spring just looking decent not like a show truck as it will be used daily for work related tasks.

I thank you all for your replies and suggestions and hope I can accomplish this task without too much hard work or a lot of swearing.
David