View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:44 PM   #53
Madkidd007

Re: Another Crew Cab, {72 Denali style}

So I’ve been jumping around and today started with the door. Since I have a spare 3rd I decided to swap the center section. The panel is too tight to weld so I tacked it together for tonight, tomorrow I’ll run my cutoff wheel between the panels so I can do a proper weld between the metal. It was pretty easy as I used the door panel holes to help me with alignment and left the window stop:brace in its factory spot since it’s close to center and nothing will interfere. Now my thoughts are suicide 4th door with no exterior handle like I was debating on before. So now the previously front will be the rear and I’ll utilize the factory reinforcements to tie into the new hinges. I was thinking use the factory burb passenger C-pillar flipped around for the driver side B-pillar and then the factory door will already have the latch setup for it. But I’m kinda liking the idea to see if I can put the actual latch in the B-Pillar and striker on the door. Doing that I can put the 4th door handle in the driver front door open in like an early 2000s extended cab Chevy and no one can accidently open it going down the road. Ofcourse no exterior handle to give the 3 door appearance
Attached Images

Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote