Thread: Silver Dollar
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #48
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Silver Dollar

After scraping the junk cab and bed that came with my chassis, I found a guy selling a so called "Rust Free" body on craigslist. let me tell you Nothing is rust free in Northern Indiana. (just south of Ft. Wayne for you Indiana guys). So with my doubts, I drive down to look at it, and low and be hold, this man has a Complete rust free body. (Ah side from a little surface rust) everything from the core support to the tailgate plus it had been dipped and primed. It has a few small dents and dings but nothing major. He told me He brought it home from Arizona and was planning on restoring his old truck, but couldn't find the time. The body had been sitting in his pole bar for 9 years. The only problem I had, was it was a long bed. I thought aw hell I just cut it. I saw them do it on Trucks. cant be that hard. right?

Once the chassis was done. I put the cab on and started mocking everything up. engine wiring, steering column, Master cylinder.

Core support, Radiator, Hoses, etc.

heater box, where to mount the computer?

Installing the gauge cluster, and then finally mating all the electrical, together.

Last edited by mrhino; 07-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote