View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #2254
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice. Rian, be careful with the dryer setting after washing your truck, they do SHRINK! Although, how it changed from red to yellar in the wash?.?
A lot to be said about hot water Bill.

But yes, it's always good to be alert.

Funny weekend, not the ha ha type.

Just that I was busy from Friday night till 7.30 tonight with stuff.

It's that time of year where the hedges, shrubs etc all get their final cut, well, it was a few weeks early, but the USA calls......

Yesterday mate Kevin came over for a chat and to supervise and make tea while I was in the garden, then he raked up al the pine needles, leaves and most of the fluffy moss that grows on the lawn. After which I cut the grass.

Harley clearly showing him who the beach is in this story.

We followed this with a ride on the bikes, except that it lasted about three miles.......

Petrol, dripping at quite a rate directly off the leading edge of the tank, onto the headers. So we turned around and came home, after which Kevin left as I was going over to his place for a take out curry later with some more bike mates.

Can you tell what it is yet?

Yup, that will be petrol/gas under the quick release for the fuel pump....... This may still turn into an expensive fix.
I undid everything, and it could be a simple O-Ring in the quick release, or there is a factory fault that had a recall at some point on the fuel pump flange.

Needless to say, a 23k mile, 11 year old bike probably will not get much sympathy from the dealers, so it may cost me.

After putting the bike away, I pottered around and did more odd jobs as there is nobody else to do it.

And then off to dinner at 7pm, with the whole gang asking about Miss Katy and why I had not brought her along.

Would you trust a gang of bikers with this....?

Especially if it is still a "Nomance"
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote