View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

First job was to make it water tight as the drivers side glass was smashed. As we don't have the luxury you guys have of nipping down to the local scrapyard to source parts we need to be inventive. Hence removed the smashed side window , made a template using the steel window frame and made a new window out of a 6 mm polycarbonate sheet.
Also painted the bumper as it was annoying me being yellow and gray.

Next up the wheels it was sitting on 4 different wheels with tyres of 4 different profiles. luckily the 6 stud is the same as the 6 x 139.7 jap stuff, which we have loads of over here. So I bought 4 steel rims of a Mitsubishi Shogan and 4 part worn tyres, at least it will sit level now. The fronts are fitted i just need to mount the other 2 tyres on the rims. The paint is awful it's crazed and cracked all over, originally it was a metallic blue, then it got painted a wacky yellow (probably 80's inspired !), then blown over with gray primer. So it really needs striping back to bare metal. However its currently only 6 deg C around here so not ideal weather to paint. Hence in an attempt to make it less of a driveway eyesore I rollered it red oxide.

My next priorities are to extend my garage so the dam thing fits in! and sort out my 66 Galaxie, as i think I need to sell this as i haven't used it in the last 18 months.
uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote