Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBrad View Post
Oh ok Yeah I see what you mean. I like the way its headed though keep it up
Thanks!
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
The wheel base difference from the 36oo and 3800 is 12" accordinlg to the specs you posted on another thread. That being said you would need to lengthen the bed about 12". If you are getting those 9' runningboards I would say attach the running boards, set the bed on the frame and come up with some rear fenders to mount to the bedsides and position them up to the runningboards.
Well it looks more like 2-2.25 feet of difference. And I plan on extending the bed sides either way. The question is whether or not to bring the front panel of the bed all the way to the cab or not. My goal with the tool box was to still make it look like a stock 3800 bed from the side.
So the plan would be:
-extend the bedsides to the cab.
-get the running boards and fenders, and mock up where they would fit.
-move the stake pockets forward.
-mount the fenders in their new location
-Fab a tool box in the open space
-New wood bed floor
I feel like I didn't do a good job explaining that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgets50 View Post
Are you planning on keeping you original fuel tank? if not what im doing is having a shop build me a custom fuel tank for the space i have similar to yours and putting in my spare tire carrier there. or if you really want a big fuel tank you can get those 50 gallon L tanks and get the tool box that mounts with it and just build it to where it looks like the bed wraps around it. just some thoughts though
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been playing around with the idea of a tank right there. My dad really likes that idea. But for now, I'm going to keep the tank where it is. I like the idea of having the gas cap a little higher, and easily accessible.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote