View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 10:13 AM   #88
special-K
Special Order

Re: vintage truck thread part two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
And I would have happily snapped that rig up from you when you were done with it.

Is it possible to rename this thread "vintage pictures" like the original thread, rather than vintage trucks? Most of the site is about vintage trucks. But this is about old pictures of these trucks when they were new, which has its own cool factor. And there are some very cool period photographs in here. Even where SKT and Wikid61 make us play squarebody Where's Waldo, haha.
I sold that '84 to a friend's brother who drove it for years. I loved that truck.

Here are some other pictures of it. First is how it looked when I first got it. Actually, the small used car lot I got it from also had a body shop. The original owner had Doeskin Tan painted on the side like factory 2-tone. That paint was chalky plus I wanted it solid color, so he gave me a deal on an overall paint job. I bought all new GM trim for it. It also had dumbo mirrors and I changed to N.O.S. Camper/towing mirrors. Also had him remove the tailgate trim. This was a work truck and the last thing it needed was a big brushed aluminum panel across a void waiting for it's first ding
Name:  DSCN0284.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  43.9 KB
I had my buddy letter and pinstripe it, as well as do a desert scene mural on the tailgate where the trim was. This picture is, obviously, on a jobsite. The red '87 K20 was my buddy's who worked for me
Name:  DSCN0282.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  56.6 KB
A glimpse on the job
Name:  DSCN0280.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  51.5 KB
And where's Waldo?
Name:  DSCN0279.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  55.2 KB

Here is the '78 Scottsdale Camper Special I had a while before that '84. It had a wood floorboard
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-08-2022 at 10:21 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote