View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
smullen

Re: Best Repro Vendors? (75 squarebody project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72malibu View Post
Who is the best vendor for repro parts? Quality of parts, customer service.

I have a 72 Chevelle and mainly use NPD, Summit, and ebay original used for that car.

So far I've bought and installed a Performance Automatic Transmission TH350 and a Champion radiator for the truck (keeping the original Harrison in case we decide to re-core it later).

I'm in the process of getting a heater core. Thanks
I'm with you on this...

I'm trying to build a list of places to order Fenders, other body and interior parts from.

So far I have the following:

www.goldenstarauto.com
www.classicindustries.com
www.classicparts.com
www.lmc.com
www.autometaldirect.com
www.usa1industries.com
www.autometaldirect.com

Problem is, I don't really know anything about any of them and if their panels are actually any good.
So, I'll share with you the places I've found, but I won't vouch for them, not ordering from them yet or knowing anyone who has.

Everyone one I've talked to says, you gotta find one in a Junk yard or that someone is parting out.

I haven't found any JYs within a hour or more drive that is not so picked over, its a waste of time.

Also, I don't want to buy something that is a bad as what I got or not much better.

The idea is to buy new metal, so I don't spend as much time or money on body work. Nothing is cheap, I know, but There will be enough of that as it is...

Also, I just got into C10s last month. I mean I've always liked them, just never had one. I've always had S10s, Blazers and Trail Blazers...

This is a whole new game.
So I have a LOT to learn!!! By a lot, I mean Everything...

Good Luck, if you or anyone reading this can vouch for places to buy new metal (repro or whatever) that fits well, please post up.

Next Month, I want to start ordering at least one panel every other month or so.
I'll store them all in my shed and then when I have everything or most everything, take a week off work and have a teardown and replace body party...
Hopefully, I'll get a lot done. But, you know how that goes.
smullen is offline   Reply With Quote