View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 12:23 AM   #14
RMVA

Re: Frame strength help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
The k frames aren't significantly different than the c frames. Do you plan on rock crawling or speeding over whoops? Then you may want to reinforce any factory light duty Truck frame. Driving offroad trails, fore roads and around town? No reinforcement necessary. It also depends on other factors. Have nice flexible suspension? Less stress on the frame. Have super stiff aftermarket lift springs? More street on the frame.

What power plant do you intend to put into it? SMall block, big block, LS, 6bt?

Probably a 350, not sure what tranny yet. No even sure if it will be manual or auto. The lift will be full spring with Bilstein B8 5160 shocks.

No rock crawling or mud bogs for this build, but I will take it off road on trails, potential deep snow through pastures, some mud, definitely steep hills and lots of pavement.

I have since spoken to a few people who suggest either boxing from transfer case forward and leaving the back alone, to just adding a crossmember or two. I have noticed online lots of people converting C10/20's to 4wd seem to prefer Suburban chassis swaps, but I hate the way it looks. I'm going for a factory look minus the lift.
1970 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 (ongoing project)
2012 F450 KR 4x4 6.7
2017 F350 KR 4x4 6.7
RMVA is offline   Reply With Quote