View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
UniqueOdyssey68

Project: UniqueOdyssey:'68C10-possibly one of the longest builds, unique stories..

Finally creating a build thread for this journey I've made more progress the past couple years than any other time. Reading more forums, checking out Instagram, YouTube, C10Talk, other podcasts, and of course as going to many show n' shines, custom shops as possible. That spurred the idea to start this thing. Even if the 'ol forums aren't as popular, this place is still awesome!

This will still be a SLOW thread/build. $$ & time constraints, but hope it helps keep me motivated, creates more passion for others as the hobby has for me. Moral of my story - never give up, never quit on your passions, projects no matter what life does or how long it takes! Life is full of bs, and passion, hobbies, are what get you through it.

The Story..the beginning:
Growing up, my family wasn't really into the hobby, but my dad was always fixing our family cars and other things around the house out of necessity. Blue collar, hard working, just making ends meet. Same goes for my aunts, uncles, cousins, all dairy farmers. Through the '90s, I learned by watching and helping fix stuff where I could. Always enjoyed how things worked, tools, cars, electronics, ham radio and computers. My adoptive parents seemed to support me as much as they could.

Through a family friend at the time, and some neighbors, I was introduced to hot rods, classic cars, trucks and shows. In the late '90s, attending shows each summer, I was hooked. I knew I wanted to start with a truck, fix it up as I started driving. But I still wondered, what it would take?, knowing I may not have much help, could I really do it myself, even with my physical disability? and lots of other curiosities.

Spring year 2000 - found this '68 C10 shortbed! Bought with my own $ earned from fixing computers & Christmas gift wrapping gigs Compared to their prices today, I got a deal! 283 V8/TH350, rollin' on 14s slotted US Mags!

My first vehicle - got my license and drove it until I had to have surgery before my senior year. Driven less than a year . Learned to walk all over again, for the 2nd time in life. After physical therapy, and recovery, I started taking things apart to fix, thinking it was cheap and easy to put them back together, without really knowing much about what I was doing
Attached Images

- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"

Last edited by UniqueOdyssey68; 08-23-2018 at 04:48 PM.
UniqueOdyssey68 is offline   Reply With Quote