View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #15
UniqueOdyssey68

Re: Project: UniqueOdyssey:'68C10-possibly one of the longest builds, unique stories.

2016 life was good, still full of ups and downs with energy and of course available time and funds.

At least at this point, the direction and plan for the project is set. 1. Building a truck that can be driven everyday in nice weather, reliable, comfortable. 2. have fun at shows, events and some short trips with. 3. Since it's just me building this thing, work on what I can physically with confidence, find a good, small local shop to do the other stuff, but willing to work in stages, at my pace/timeline.

Read a ton about LS based engines vs the old school small block. Was set on a 383 stroker torque monster crate engine. But mild LS just made more sense for the goals of the project. Found this gem - 5.3l out of a wrecked '06 Sierra, only 86k, super clean, & it's the L33 - H.O. All Aluminum version, which was limited in the GM trucks. Has the 799 heads. Jumped on that! Had it tuned & shipped. 350hp/torque is a good place to start
Attached Images

- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"

Last edited by UniqueOdyssey68; 08-23-2018 at 12:23 PM.
UniqueOdyssey68 is offline   Reply With Quote