View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM   #8
vjjack04

Re: A/C in K/5 - K/1500s in Desert South West

68OS,
First, I noticed my ignorance about these things was evident right away. The blazer isn't a "K" because its 2wd, right? Anyway, the last vintage air system I actually bought was before the so called pandemic and all things were cheaper. I about $1500 all in. I just checked and the complete kit for a '72 Blazer is $2100, that ain't cheap. But, if it were mine (the Blazer I am working on), I'd still do it. It will add value while doing a great job at keeping the driver and passengers cool. I think a person can go to their website and piece out some parts and it could, then, be cheaper.
Regarding Hereford and where I am located, it is funny how many folks don't know where we are, even like you who live in Tucson. Its a little drive, but we are situated at about 4300 ft above sea level so we have mountains and cooler weather. And as you mentioned, about 15 miles away we have history like the OK Corral (sort of lame today) and the mining town of Bisbee. Oh, and I can see the mountains in "Meh-hico" from the road to my house. Anyway, here's the link to Vintage Air (I haven't checked but it might be cheaper through Summit Racing.
https://www.vintageair.com/surefit/c...2&model=Blazer
vjjack04 is offline   Reply With Quote