View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
joedoh

Re: Bench Bleeding Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
You can see that to connect the lines, I have two ends to screw in on each port. By the time I get both ends attached and tightened, I've lost virtually everything in the reservoir and now introduced a bunch more air in the system.

Is the any way to connect everything and THEN bleed the MC? Would a Mity-vac unit bleed the entire system including MC?

you may have a problem with the check valves in your master cylinder, with the cap on and the port open (no plug. hose or line installed) it leaks very slowly on the ones I have done. I have plenty of time to remove the hose fittings, install the plastic plugs, check the level, add if necessary, take it to the truck, install it, remove the plastic plugs one at a time, install the brake lines one at a time, check the level again. if your lines are hard to line up, install the lines before installing the master. dual circuit systems usually have a dam in the reservoir so one side going down doesnt totally affect the other.

bench bleeding saves time over normal bleeding but if you have a vacuum bleeder you wont need to bench bleed. sometimes with a new master I will gravity bleed the fronts (just leave the bleeders open with a hose to a pan) and vacuum bleed the rears, which can be a giant pain anyway with an empty system. on this last one I did the bleeder hose to a bottle of brake fluid and pump the brakes trick, no amount of vacuum was pulling that fluid from the master.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote