View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #38
SCOTI

Re: Center link hitting crossmember???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
I bought a OEM rebuilt steering box from car quest auto parts before I re-built my front end. Nothing to do with CPP. Ordered the Moog parts through Summit Racing using my 68 as a parts look up. They gave me choices to manufactures and went with Moog. I also bought Moog upper and lower swing arm bushings and Moog everything that didn't come with the CPP disc brake kit. Now Summit list the Pitman arm as not for our truck and it was listed as a fit when I bought it. Same as the OP I am sure. Now they don't list a moog part for our trucks.
Gotcha. Your previous post had details that could be interpreted differently depending on how it's 'read'. I thought your set-up w/the issue was the CPP/Moog pitman arm combo:

Quote:
I rebuilt my front end last winter with Moog and cpp drop spindle and disc brake kit. First off when I bought the truck the power steering gearbox was leaking bad so I replaced it with a rebuilt oem from local parts store. The following winter I did the CPP kit with Moog pitman arm and drag link. My pitman arm went on exactly like the OP's. My center link was a tight fit but does not hit but after seeing this I think I will replace it with a new one. It must be the pitman arm is not machined right. Oh my truck is a 68.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote