View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 08:35 AM   #3323
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Thanks, but I used to think I'd want a management job at this point in life. I now realize I only like doing that on my own work and if I work for someone else I want less responsibility. I like the regularity of hours being employed. While not allowing as much time, it works out well to allow my doing my own side projects. Mostly, I want the time for my own work for my own self, which is where I had planned to be at this point in life. I'll get there!

I was just curious because I know we are tracked in all our activity on the net. Not just searching or the sites we visit. I have had ads pop up related to conversations I've had online. Pretty creeeepy.

About my '72 K2500. It's been parked due to an annoying repair that has me hung up. One of the starter bolts snapped off when trying to start it after filling up. I had repeated starter problems and and ended up going to a hi-torq mini starter. I let it get loose thinking what I was hearing in sporadic engaging was poor power supply letting it kick-out as it had been doing with other starters going bad. I don't know, I guess I was being dumb. I should have crawled under and checked it out. So the bolt is broken up on there a ways. It's a hard position and location for me to drill and the drilling needs to be very accurate. The drill blocks seeing what's going on. I've had ideas on how to handle it, but the cold hard fact is I need to pull the engine, put it on a stand, and flip that sumbugger over. I just need the time now. It's been dripping oil and that had been getting on my nerves. So this will give the chance to do oil pan, front and rear seals as well as trans seals. Might as well do the transfer case while I'm at it. The exhaust was getting tired, had patched it up a couple places, so new pipes as well before she hits the road again. The paint on the hood has been popping off bit by bit for years, which also bugs me. So with that off I can take care of that properly. It's a lot for me to get done with projects I have on the house. But just setting a plan feels good. Just wish I had started in sooner. I miss driving it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote