View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #596
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Update on the weekend activity later when I get time to sit and write.

Just a quick lunchtime note while I have cuppa soup and buttered bread.

Before my 3.00pm end of year performance review, not looking forward to it, never do.

Yesterday @nickwheeler and I spoke about the valve dust caps I ordered when I saw the magnificent items @etypephil was trying to give away……..

Remember these?

Well, Nick is the kind of guy who “gets it” but would never attach suck tackiness to any car he owns, hell, the man likes a silenced hotrod.

Anyway, the wheels I have need a few more bits to make them fit onto the car, and wheel adapters, including 15mm deep spigot rings for the front, some wheel bolts for the rear to go with the front nuts. And about 8 15mm deep wheel nuts on a 17 hex head. Ohhh, and centre caps for the steels.

This is where Nick really got clever, another reason I love having other guys here when I am out back playing…… the amount of silly stuff, and also very clever stuff that gets shared is amazing, and often improves what we build, or prevent costly mistakes. Plus stuff gets done quicker.

So Nick suggested crown style centre caps to mimic the valve caps.

GENIUS I SAY.

This morning I woke to a PM from him, not dissimilar to the stuff @peteh1969 would whip up while making a cuppa tea.

You guys amaze me with your design skills.

Anyway,

BEHOLD !!!!!!

And mocked on a steel wheel.

Now this will divide us like the red sea, but that is OK, because people can be wrong.

@craigRK is too busy to print them for me, but at least we know it needs to be done.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote