View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #10
joedoh

Re: 91 Chevy 350. Keep efi/ throttle body vs. carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeman57 View Post
Putting the harness back together in another truck is what I’m worried about

the same guys that sell LS harnesses will also sell a TBI harness that is pared down to 4 wires. although you can find the how-to on doing it yourself online. buying one will still cost less than the intake/carb/distributor you need to convert it to carb,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Do you like dealing with Check Engine lights and a truck that won't run if even ONE sensor fails? Do you like being able to do roadside repairs, or prefer to take it to a shop with sophisticated diagnostic equipment for every little hiccup? Do you like having tons of extra wiring, sensors, and an EFI harness that adds complexity and associated failures? TBI was a pollution solution, had nothing to do with performance. Simplicity is a blessing. I've seen my last Check Engine light. Carbs run no matter what.

i think you might be a little over dramatic here, your current truck has been broken more times and inert for longer than anything with EFI/OBD I have owned in the last 25 years (which has been zero times, by the way, 3 CPI trucks, 1 SFI truck, 2 TBI trucks, and a daily LQ4 with 180k).

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 02-27-2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: i havent worked on my 6.0 so I havent even looked up what series LQ variant it was.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote