View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 10:58 PM   #117
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

A little mid week update thanks to a few early days and some slightly warmer weather. Ive been working on upgrading all the dash lights to leds. I ordered 8 of the 5 LED tower lights for the main lights and 2 red and 3 green single LED lights for the blinkers and warning lights. If anyone needs LED lights I highly recommend superbrightleds.com. I ordered the lights at 5am and they were ready for pick up that night (I only live 5 mi from their warehouse). I kept the original bulb for the gen light since the alternator needs it. The results are pretty good in the garage, hopefully they will be as good in the truck. I also took this opportunity to work on the wiring a little bit as well. My alternator is on the passenger side and the wiring was on the driver side so I ran a new wire into the factory connector for the engine and I moved the wire under the dash also. I am going to run a wire for the tach in the same connector and remove the wire for the oil light. Not sure what Ill use the oil light for but I will keep it as a spare for now. I started working on a gauge panel for the aftermarket gauges I added. Im not a fan of the add on gauges under the dash and I wanted something a little different. I will also need a place to mount my radio since I had to get rid of the console on the floor to make room for the new seats.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote