View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #184
67c10rustbuket

Re: 67-72 Electric speedo

So right now I have 5 sets ready to go, box and plate. I obviously cannot ship until next week due to the holiday and that little child birth event on tuesday. Please do not buy one if you do not already have the kit from LS1NOVA.

If you buy a kit from LS1NOVA I can make these for you. I can supply both pieces or just the plate. Just let me know what you need. Personally I dont see much need for the box as long as you have a windshield and/or you dont put your beer err I mean soda on the dash

First two are reserved for:
CJOHNSON
WGEYER
unless they pass

Note: I do not know or guarantee that this rear box will not interfere with an original tach. I did the best I could referencing pictures but without a tach on hand its a gamble.
I will design another version without the S10 odo reset and use LED light but this is it for now. I will be away from work for the next 5 weeks so I don't expect to have that anytime soon.

The plates will need some minor deburring (with a file) due to our turret press being an antique, cant wait for the new water jet to arrive also these plates may need to be clearanced slightly below the upper speedo mount hole and the right speedo mount hole (see arrows in pic). There are a few cosmetic issues I will fix later but nothing that causes any functional issues.

I attached a couple production pics just to show how these are made. The plates are easy I just shear a sheet to size and set up the machine and push a few buttons. The box on the other hand has to be formed on our press brake and then spotwelded together. A lot of time goes into that stinkin' box, arrrgh. The punched sheet of boxes is actually an old version if you happened to notice the difference.

So the deal... Technically I can do this "for personal use only" so I am not in the position to profit on this, rather just sharing with you guys what I was doing for myself anyway. Considering the cost of steel, countless hours in design development, 3d modeling design, CNC programming, machine set up, machine run time, "G job time" ( me off the clock making these)...So I will price this at $30 shipped to your door in the CONUS only. Or just the plate only for $10. The plates are .056" galvanized steel and the rear cover box is .032" galvanized steel. I can make them thicker or thinner, what ever works best. One condition, you must tell me your opinions, complaints, suggestions, and I will work with you guys to improve these. I get paid plenty and have no reason to capitalize off my fellow truck lovers.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car

Last edited by 67c10rustbuket; 05-25-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: add info
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote