View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Nominations TOTM November 2006

Other features that make it cool(ish) includes a solid (ply)wood floor in the bed, rather than the freeway sign and craptastic bedliner that it had... a kick ass large by huge snap on alluminum diamondplate tool box, a decent sounding Pioneer CD player with a set of 6X9's... enough to make your ears bleed... home brew LED tail lights, also LEDs in the inst panel... and of course, the 500 that has been worn .030 over, edelbrock 750 carb on an adapter plate (for now) all painted blue and lookin pretty, all exhailing through the first 1/2 of the J.C. whitny daul exhaust kit with NAPA brand (walker seconds) rumble muflers. The tranny, as indicated before, is scattered all over this dude's shop right now, but getting assembled with all new stuff and a wiz-bang shift kit, and a slightly higher stall converter...but nohting worth bragging about. All this twists the stock drive shaft with new HD u-joints (sealed, no weakening holes in the U-joint body) and C-bearing, into a HO 72 Eaton/corp rear with a 4.10 gears...soon to be a dana with 3.54's.
Up untill last weekend when the tranny crapped out, she has been drop dead reliable, only needing minimal thrashings, I don't need to follow it with a wrench, although some floor dry wouldn't hurt. (she's a little bit of a leaker)
None the less, this is my baby, made posible by this wonderfull board, and even though it's only been on the road for 1 1/2 years, I already have a bunch of memories that involve it... it burning tires, it and chicks, it drawing attention when ever the hood is up....
and the fun has just begun.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 11-21-2006 at 10:28 PM.