View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #8
TKCR

Re: build sheet on door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Squarebodies were trimmed out at the final assembly location with the doors attached; doors weren't removed and then built up on a separate line.

That would make finding a build sheet in the door very unlikely (but I never say "never"). If someone misplaced the trim ticket and put it in the door you might find one. You would be more likely to find an old inspection ticket, or part number tag, or paper coffee cup, or extra fasteners, or love note, or lunch menu, though.

K
That’s interesting. I would have assumed the doors were built separately from the main line, much like it is done today.
And let’s not forget, lost currency. We had someone that had lost a $100 bill out of their pocket. It was just given to them as part of a collection that was taken for them. They knew pretty much when they had it, and then when it was lost. So there was just a number of vehicles that it could have been in. People were certain that someone else had found it, and kept it for themselves. Low & behold a vehicle ended up in the repair area for some reason, and the carpet had to be pulled up. If I remember right, it was to repair and dry out the carpet for a water leak. Well guess what was found? The $100 bill. The vehicle fell in the range of the cars she thought she lost the money out of her pocket. So she was pretty happy it was found and returned. Of course this was way back in the day when “most” people were honest. The person that found it, could have very easily had pocketed the money. But because the story had circulated about the plant about the lost money, they felt compelled to return it, since it had been part of a collection for this lady. And I believe it was because she had just had a house fire, so people were collecting money to help her out.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote