View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
dujobu

Re: Project OBS (Orange Blossom Special)

Latest progress…dismantled the body. Once I got into it I realized it was worse than it looked from the outside. I was hoping to mate the replacement bed I got to a new floorpan, to my existing firewall. But there are a few critical parts of the firewall and windshield assembly that are rotted beyond reasonable repair (I believe). But nonetheless, I stripped her down the frame. Surprising the frame appears to be really solid. Just needs some cleaning up.

The only mod I came across it where it appears someone hacked off the back few inches of the frame rails and spliced in the bumper brackets from the '69-'70 K5s, then they welded a trailer hitch to the assembly. It's not pretty. I guess I'm just going to have to clean it all up and maybe replace the bumper brackets. Not sure what else I can do. Anyone ever seen a mod like this? Can't figure out why they would've done this unless they had bent the frame rails in an accident, or they needed to do it in order to weld the hitch receiver into place. See photo down bottom…

Also, I need a right rear body mounting bracket if anyone has one they could spare. My right rear one is rotted (also see photo below).

Here are some current photos…

dujobu is offline   Reply With Quote