View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #12
NeoJuice

Re: Advice...steering column linkage, shifting linkage, shocks and brake switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyblue View Post
Thank you for the comments. Yeah a mechanic friend did both jobs and not sure he thought about the inner fenders. I will have to probably cut them back like I did for the mustang ii sadly. I'm trying to see if it can be moved at all. And I'll ask him about the brake line next time he comes by. I know my line he removed was tight to the differential.....maybe even clipped to it?
You might be ok with the prop valve in its current location. You will need to cut out a small portion of the inner fender to clear the Mustang II which I had to do as well on both sides.

You might have enough slack in the lines that once you get the inner fender on you can move it and bolt the prop valve to the inner fender or bend it out of the way. That's the good thing about using copper nickel brake lines they bend easy.

Here are my thoughts on the rear diff brake line. It looks like in your picture that on the drivers side that the line is attached to the diff (good). I would disconnect the line on the passenger side T fitting then snug the line up around the pumpkin then you would would probably end up cutting out 6-8 inches of line and re-flaring back to the T. You could use some rubber cushioned insulated clamps in maybe 1/4 or 3/8" to secure the lines.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote