View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 10:34 AM   #15
joedoh

Re: Project Wayne 1951 Ford Fun-1 S10 swap

soooooooo

my kit biz was slowing down a little and i was getting bored again, common theme. i took a 9-5 (8-4 really) in july as a design and stress eng mgr figuring i could easily do both. but in september i realized i was getting swamped with orders. i always figured to be a thorn in the other kit makers sides and maybe get floated a buyout offer, you know entrepreneurship 101. but instead code 504 closed and i have been busier than a one armed paper hanger, work all day, kits all night and weekend. I am typing this next to the machine cutting non stop.

i have a welder and a shipper now, and all the parts get laser cut so i am slowly knocking down the backlog.

we have done upgrades to everything, (which is entrepreneurship 102, plan for the future) put a new table and new hypertherm plasma in over year end shut down, we have a 1/2 deposit on a 48x60 closed cell spray foamed building and just paid to have the pad and culverts installed on that empty lot we bought feb 22. I ordered a cnc press brake and die sets to eliminate 1/2 the welds on my kits.

the ford kits unfortunately were put aside for the time being but i can finally see the light on the kit backlog and am making plans for finishing them.

so stay tunnnnnned if i think about it i will put up some recent pics of shenanigans.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote