View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #58
KMC3420

Re: Cab floor replacement order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64chevmn View Post
The new floor is installed! Took about an hour with three of us pulling, pushing and kicking to get it in place. I did need to trim the front corners off a bit to help it slide into position easier, but the fit once in place was very good. I had to slightly enlarge the bolt holes at the A-pillars, but where it met the front firewall flanges it lined up great. I took many measurements and the floor height is spot on to where the original floor was. However; when I hung my doors the bottoms just barely rubbed the lip on the inner rocker. Even though I put in the low hump floor it looks like that lip needs to drop about 3/16 to 1/4 of an inch to allow the door to have enough clearance once the rocker is installed. So, I will need to so a search and see how others fixed this problem.

So how much gap should I have when the door is closed and the outer rocker is not in place yet; is 3/16" enough?
Mine was roughly an 1/8", but it just depends on how close you are on your door adjustments. Could be closer, and you could have a larger gap at the top of your door. Its easier to nail once you get your lower A/B pillars on and can sit your rocker in place, then review your door gaps. Floor looks great though!! Nicely done.