View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 07:31 AM   #10
lupo

Re: POR-15 Top Coat?

Skinny you're 100% correct. These companies seem to change names every 3 years so it's hard to keep up. The Industrial Coatings world as a fascinating business. I still have the top part of that 38 Packard I painted in 1988 on a shelf in my garage. Steelcote sent me all kinds of samples they sent an epoxy you painted over oil-contaminated Steel and the epoxy would suck the oil out of the metal They sent me a can of Tilex ,after this topcoat hardened for a week it was like ceramic tile. it was hard as nails and that's your polyester urethane. I've been using industrial paint on restorations for the last 40 years my 55 Chevy is completely primed with the silver inside and out top and bottom . I use automotive colors because of their light stability . Now here comes the kicker , I clear-coated the car with a clear that they coat the bottom of jet aircraft to minimize stone chipping. it is also aso a anti-graffiti paint I dropped a Sears timing light on the front fender , it dented the fender but it didn't chip the paint . I can really be a schmuck.
Attached Images

Last edited by lupo; 09-13-2021 at 05:33 PM.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote