View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 AM   #32
66C06

Re: Value Estimates 1966 C-10 Custom - Restomod chevy 350 updated suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTorange View Post
These things are so tough to call. When you're doing a frame-off restoration on a truck, things add up fast. It is very easy to hit 20k without really blinking, and that's doing a ton of your own work. Depending on what you start with, paint alone can hit 10K if you want it to be a nice job.

I'm shocked to see anyone say that they're doing a full frame-off with pro paint, etc. for $10k. They must be getting some screaming deals out there. When labor is in the picture, the final bill can make your head spin. I paid just shy of 8k for body work and paint (full frame-off), and I know I got a good deal from a very fair painter/body man. Heck, I had well over 1k in sandblasting and powdercoating.

All of this being said, any discussion of rust on a truck they're asking 20k for is pretty alarming. A lot can hide underneath a paint job, so a truck that looks and runs nice can have some nasty secrets. For that price, it should be in very, very good condition.

If they had a shop do a lot of the work, I can see how they had at least that much money in it. However, one rarely gets their money back on such a venture. You should be getting a pretty significant discount over what they have in it.

Good luck with everything. Truck looks nice from here..
True that! I've already spent 16k on my truck and haven't even done the body work or prep and paint!!!
07 Hayabusa - absolute chaos
66C06 is offline   Reply With Quote