View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #2
crsgmc

Re: 1998 c1500 4.3 misfire troubles

This post is probably not going to solve your problem, but it might help. I have a 1996 GMC with the 5.7. I purchased the truck about eight years ago. It had a lot of problems, so I replaced the engine with a GM factory crate engine. When I did this I replaced a lot of other parts including new wires, distributor, cap, rotor, plugs. Truck ran great. A couple of years later the truck died and would not restart. I had it towed home, and started to look for the problem. I didn't even consider the distributor, cap, rotor or plugs because they only had 16,000 miles on them. I won't go into all the work I went through, before I finally checked the spark. There was no spark. The cap and rotor looked almost new. I replaced the cap and rotor and the truck ran fine. I know you have checked the cap and rotor by multiple parts so it appears that it is not the problem. I am wondering if you have a week spark. Check the battery, battery terminals, and the ground going to the PS firewall. Check the coil, it maybe working but weak. Not much help, I know.
crsgmc is offline   Reply With Quote