View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #80
clinebarger

Re: '04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
That's a sweet looking system. Just a quick tip. Everywhere you use those band clamps add a tack weld. It will stop the system from twisting in the clamps. Stainless is super hard and claps don't pinch it well. Just throwing it out there I deal with that stuff everyday at work. Havent used that system because we bend our own stuff for the most part plus the cheap asses in the area I work in wouldn't go for it. LOL. Post some pictures once installed Im really curious about how it fits especially knowing how tight it is under those cars with just a single 3 inch pipe.
Thanks for the tip! I used to do exhaust work many years ago when I was a teenager working at a Midas Muffler but didn't deal with stainless very much. I will let you know on how it fits, Installing the system the first part of June. Had to schedule a open lift at work.

I installed a BMR Panhard Brace relocation kit trying to fix what I have, So I have a lot more room over the axle. Hooker calls to install spacers on the Brace where it bolts to the unibody to fur down the Brace....Hopefully I don't need those spacers with the BMR kit?

I know where I messed up on the exhaust, I used universal mandrel bends (45's & 90's) I had no choice but to use a 45 going over the axle when I needed about a 30 degree bend. To get the 45 to work I had to move the pipe closer to the diff.....And the diff hits the pipe over the smallest bumps.

Where the Axle Tube hits.

BMR Relocation Kit.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote