View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 02:27 AM   #5
Short 3/4

Re: Go Devil Run looks fun

Yea, I’ve heard of the Relic Run. Sounds like it’s more about the vintage camping equipment and the trucks are secondary. I have no nostalgia for having to change mantle’s on my Coleman lantern every evening because they shook apart that day on the trail, and don’t get me started about having to head back into town every 3 days for ice. I’ll never give up my LED lanterns and Engle fridge!

That said, I just really still like driving my old 60’s cars and trucks like I did back when they were just used vehicles. While I try to keep them running good I try not to overdo the body and paint. My idea of a good time is to load up the wife and dog in my truck or TR4 and go find a dirt road. And if something breaks you can usually fix it with a big rock and bailing wire.That’s why I’d never want one of those 100K trucks you see on TV in the auctions.

I’m not looking to do the Rubicon Trail Run in my old Chevy and my idea of a good day is when you don’t break something. I just think it would be fun to share the trail with something other than all the brand new stuff you usually see out there. A few years back I came across a group of riders on vintage Indian motorcycles way way out in the back dirt roads of Death Valley. These guys were on some seriously rare and valuable bikes, yet were in the middle of a 3 day off-road rally. They sure looked like they were having fun, using them for what they were built for.

Anyway, that’s my dream. I know it’s not at all sane or normal, but I figured this group was a safe place to share it.

Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote