View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 01:04 AM   #9
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Go Devil Run looks fun

I've learned my lesson about going too extreme on trails with my truck. While fun, it's still impacting my wallet. *Does anybody have a spare VSS rear bearing housing for a 241 handy?** I need to buy or build something to beat on for rock crawling trails. Save the K5 Camper for exploration.

I don't know if I even would have my truck if I still lived back east with little to no public lands to go play on. Off Road parks back there look fun, but geared to the crawler or rock bouncers for sure. Plus the trees get a lot tighter back there.

Blazer Bash in Moab usually brings a great cross section of GM based 4wd trucks out to play. The more hardcore trailer stuff in for the hard trails, but a good chunk drive in. We had more than a few first gen K5's that took on mild to wild trails. One drove a bone stock 87 K5 with a Hallmark camper from as far as Florida for the second year and he did great on the mild stuff.

All in all its a good time with like minded folks that enjoy old GM trucks and wheeling.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote