Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #36
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

Well I finally got some free time to work on the handle move for the suicide conversion, and I took a few photos along the way....

I decided it would be easiest to just cut-out the old handle section, flip it, and move it to the other end of the door. I didn't like my first line

Here's the new patch section, ready to be tacked into place

I bought a drivers side handle, and knowing I wouldn't be able to use the push-button to open (due to the window), I modified the handle to flush-mount.

AFTER cutting the old section out, I realized the hole to attach the handle weren't level. So my bright idea of flipping the section went out the window. I decided it would be easier to cut-out the recessed section, and just drill new mounting holes. The third hole is for the push-button plunger to clear. I shortened the spring and plunger, and used the body as a spring stop, so the button still goes in/out.

I did a couple skim-coats of body filler, some primer, and blocked it down to where I'm happy for now. Then shot some guide-coat, and attatched the handle.

I'm very pleased with the look. I'll finish when I'm done with the build, and get ready for paint.

'68 C20 Suburban, Bagged with Suicide 3rd Door, and Loaded with a 396 - Under Construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403690
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote