View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #152
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Out with the old, in with the less old. I had these air shocks from my Jimmy. I only used them on that for a couple years to help lift the rear a bit to level it out. I had to change upper bushings to fit the larger stud mount. I just used the metal bushings from the old shocks and drilled the rubber so it would fit in the less old shocks.

Gotta hook up the air lines and try it out. The camper is in the kids truck this week so I have a couple inches of extra clearance for working underneath. Lol I drove it to town to run an errand and took it over the scale. It was 5580 lbs with me in it and about 30-40 lbs of tools and almost full tank. A few days before I weighed it with the camper on and everything else about the same and the camper adds about 2300 lbs.

Working underneath I noticed that the top helper springs were either cut or broken and probably would help with the leaning I had in a cross wind. Which is why I am using the air shocks. I might replace the helper springs but I'm undecided. Two reasons, first is that air bags would be a good upgrade for supporting heavy loads and 2nd, I was planning on lowering the truck a bit. Not a lot. I already have a shackle flip for the rear. And doing that might be a problem with the helper leafs.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote