View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #157
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Barely touched this truck through the winter. I started it a couple times and drove it on the driveway. It always started right up which is nice. Not a lot of big plans for it this summer. I need to replace the old tires. I really didn't trust them with the camper loaded up. They were not high load rated plus the age and weather checking. They are 16.5" also. Didn't want to stick with those. If there was a stock looking steel wheel in 17" I would have got them but I couldn't find what I wanted. Got a great deal on eBay for some OEM GM 16" wheels though. $57 shipped for powder coated wheels? Hell yeah!! They are blems which is why they are so cheap. They were delivered today and I'm happy with them. The blemishes are like areas where the coating isn't as thick as it should be, or Knicks, scratches, etc. Nothing terrible as far as I can see. After a couple years even great wheels would look like these.

Shopping for tires is fun isn't it? I want load range E or 10 ply and that seems to limit options. I want to keep to the stock size because I'm pretty happy with the gearing and the look. And the speedometer is really close too. Found a decent deal on new ones but spent several hours searching for used. Not finding any great deals there. So I'll put my tire order in here today.

The only other plans for this year is getting the rear helper springs replaced. Maybe all of the rear springs. Getting the dash reassembled. Body mounts replaced and the one rusty cab mount replaced. I have some new seats that I think will be more comfortable and have an arm rest. Going to add cup holders if it doesn't have them already. I'd like to get the holes filled from the snaps on the roof for the visor that it once had. And maybe replace the rear bumper with a nicer step bumper.

And maybe get some camping in!!
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote