View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:41 PM   #31
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Sounds like the vacuum line is off the shift modulator? Adjusting the little needle above the column is easy. Remove the plastic cover at the bottom of the column and you’ll see the little clip. Just slide it around on the column sleeve until your gears line up.

Also, what size are the torque thrusts? The stance is perfect on your drop.

Vacuum line? I think you're on to something there. I need to figure out where that is because when I was reaching around underneath to clean the vent there was a rubber hose that I pulled out of the way a bit to get some more clearance.Let me see if I can find a diagram of that. Thank you for shooting me that way.

Agreed on the needle adjustment. Should be super easy.

HOWEVER... like all projects when I took off the cover I ran into some broken pieces that I need to replace to make it work.

Sidenote - So I read alot of these build threads and so many of them start off the same way.

Simple build, don't plan on getting crazy with it etc etc.

Then you go through about 10 pages and it's a frame off rebuild because people can't help but getting carried away.

I feel that. Really trying to keep this an every day garage mechanic KISS build. But we will see.
Attached Images

Last edited by airspeed247; 08-11-2022 at 06:48 PM.
airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote