View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 04:21 PM   #46
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Got the horn button in and went ahead and replaced the mounting hardware as well as I didn't realize the factory horn setup worked when I got the steering wheel. Needed the correct horn wire and one of the three mounting bolts was stripped.

Overall really happy with the semi-custom look I was able to work with it and more excited that the horn actually works like its supposed to. When people rebuild/replace a steering column you never really know how that will work out.

One month out from the move now and then the truck will be stored for a little bit until I can get it shipped over. Will keep it posted on last minute changes.

Since I haven't had good luck finding rear leaf springs I think I'm going to order a drop shackle for the rear to compensate for the extra sag from the leaf springs. Since is SUA now then a drop shackle should raise it. I just want to get an inch out of the back to help with the ride height. I will do a C notch down the line but want to give the shocks a little more breathing room to go along with the relocation brackets. With the right leaf springs I think it would be totally fine back there but this should even everything out how I want.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote