View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 12:02 AM   #165
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

I get it running decent and then the brakes fail. Sheesh

I'm getting things done around the compound for winter, and wanted to make room in one of the sheds. Which meant moving the camper to a different place. I didn't get out and use it this year but I really wanted to see if the new helper springs would be useful. And I'm happy with the results. It's just touching the perch on one end now so with it loaded up I'll see a benefit for sure. Keep it from swaying around like a drunk sailor. It wasn't in the truck for long which is great since the brake pedal went to the floor the next day. Yikes

I already knew there was a leak between the master cylinder and the hydro boost. And the master cylinder is rusty inside. I ordered a rebuilt hydro boost for it but while looking up the master cylinder there's a couple options depending on the size of the rear brake shoes. When I got underneath to check I found a leak from the right rear drum. So I'll need to check that out too. Hopefully the drums are ok since they cost about $100 each plus shipping. I also have a slight pull to the right at the very start of braking so the fronts need inspected too.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote