View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 01:58 AM   #166
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

When the brakes failed I was also in the middle of changing employers and the weather took a turn for the worse. So I brought the truck to the local mechanic. He swapped in the new hydroboost, rebuilt the rear brakes and bled the system. It cost me a few hours of labor but it was time I just didn't have.

So it was running good again and the brakes are good. Then it was parked for the winter lol. I've started it a couple times.

I got my front seat in for reupholstery finally. She did a great job mimicking a Chevy bench seat from a ford with a completely different shape. But she covered over the fold down arm rest. I didn't see it until it was done. I really wanted that. Instead of scrapping the cover though we will just use it on the back seat that doesn't have the arm rest and make another cover for the front. I had planned on waiting awhile to do the back seat, money is getting spread a lot of ways right now between projects. Oh well, getting done now!

It's rawhide vinyl, not leather, so it's got some shine to it until it gets some usage. This is a driver, not a show truck. Doesn't mean I can't make it look decent though.

I ordered a dark brown loop carpet for the truck. I think it'll compliment the look and easier to hide dirt. I'm not a fan of the fawn carpet that is in it now.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote