View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #18
LT7A

Re: Slot mags vs pyo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
3/4 ton suspension is less then 5 pounds heavier per side on the a-arms, and another pound or 2 for the cross shaft. Rims/tires not included, and selection does matter to round out a complete package. But alot of increased durability, and slightly larger disks. Of you need or want it obviously.

The 14 bolt SF is 20 maybe 30 pound heavier then a built 9", and overall still stronger. With out brakes. The only downside is C-clips, and no way to get rid of them I am aware of. Plus larger drums factory, and it can be a nice package.
I assumed you would be using the one ton brakes and steering components as well. As for the rear end, I don't understand what a comparison to a 9-in has to do with it. Whatever the case, what you're describing to me sounds like an assortment of trucks. At least two, more likely three. Hope you settle on what you want. If you decide to run the 1 ton suspension and PYOs on the basis of saving weight, and it nets out less than half ton gear with aluminum slots, be sure to come back and post the update.

Last edited by LT7A; 07-25-2021 at 02:07 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote