View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
jorgensensc

Re: LS Swap Troubleshooting..no pedal response

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
So apparently I found that the p0606 code can also be triggered by a b.s. 5v input reference on one of the busses. The o.p. sensor or a 5v gauge reference can cause this (on the newer stuff obviously).

Is there a VIN mismatch in your tune? That can also cause random dbw and bus errors.
Ok, I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I may tag along for good measure.
Br3w City, what exactly do you mean? What type of erroneous 5v reference could cause this? I'm using the original oil pressure, coolant temp, and tranny temp switches via can bus for my gauges. I thought that for some reason the can bus gauges might be affecting the computer before I took the suburban to the dyno ( often when I would plug them in to the DLC the engine would idle up and smooth out.) but I didn't understand how that could affect the computer since the gauges only read what's on the canbus. After the dyno tune I didn't hook the gauges up when testing it, that is when I got the P0606 code, so I thought the gauges had nothing to do with it. But now I wonder, because I used a pull up resistor (recommended by Speedhut) on my speedo and tach, which are not run via canbus (didn't have them in the right size yet in canbus), but do get their signal from the ECM. Could that be the issue?
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote