View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #19
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: LS Swap Troubleshooting..no pedal response

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgensensc View Post
Ok, I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I may tag along for good measure.
Br3w City, what exactly do you mean? What type of erroneous 5v reference could cause this? I'm using the original oil pressure, coolant temp, and tranny temp switches via can bus for my gauges. I thought that for some reason the can bus gauges might be affecting the computer before I took the suburban to the dyno ( often when I would plug them in to the DLC the engine would idle up and smooth out.) but I didn't understand how that could affect the computer since the gauges only read what's on the canbus. After the dyno tune I didn't hook the gauges up when testing it, that is when I got the P0606 code, so I thought the gauges had nothing to do with it. But now I wonder, because I used a pull up resistor (recommended by Speedhut) on my speedo and tach, which are not run via canbus (didn't have them in the right size yet in canbus), but do get their signal from the ECM. Could that be the issue?
Shawn
When I posted it I thought of your build. What I read is that a damaged/fault/shorted oil pressure sensor is the common culprit for p0606 errors in the canbus equipped trucks. .5v = 0psi 4.5v = 130psi
If there is a failure on this circuit, it prevents vvt operation, it uses it for cam phasing. If there is ground-noise, the latent voltage on the ground side can cause a b.s. input on that particular loop. Thats why so many of the canbus wires say "low reference 5v" instead of "ground", they don't want a shared ground like an engine block or grounding post.
It can also mean that there is a general supplied current on the canbus system ABOVE 5.23 volts, which is the max that the 5v system can handle without triggering the code.

My eyes are falling asleep out from under me, but I'll try and find the threads I was looking through yesterday. None had a clear cut explanation, but I'm piecing together about 20 threads worth of stuff to deduct something. Aren't canbus gauges daisy-chained? So if there is an issue on 1, you can carry it across the rest?

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote