View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 03:14 AM   #5
jr2k3_esq

Re: New purchase, lots of unknown

I had gotten confirmation tonight from the broker I purchased the suburban from that the motor is a 468, not 496. The SPID shows the suburban came with a 400 from factory paired with a TH400, and posi!

I was able to half assed crawl under the rig for the first time tonight and drink it in, some things definitely need changing or modifying.

It has a bolt in C notch with hockey pucks bolted in as a bump stop, bags and blocks were added to the stock trailing arms. It’s on a 4 switch air ride kit, with 285/35r22 on the rear and 265/35r22 up front. To clear the 285 out back they cut the plywood floor to make room and moved the wheel tubs inward but chose gorilla tape to make up the difference to the rear quarters And the rear carpet is hanging out exposed as a water wick.

I purchased this with a project in mind to tweak and fix/make my own and “finish”

The exhaust has been routed through the rear Cross member to stay in line with the frame rails to lay down, but I found a nasty bend at the manifold which is choking things out for sure.

I’m excited to finally be able to own a driving 69-72 anything since the pickup I had when I created this account years ago but had to give it up due to a growing family. I’ve always been a fan of these forums and the family vibe they often give off and look forward to posting much more in the upcoming months.

I tried to upload pics but they’re too large, what avenue does everyone use to upload pics? I want to show this thing off haha.

Thank you in advance.
jr2k3_esq is offline   Reply With Quote