View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 05:39 PM   #14
jr2k3_esq

Re: New purchase, lots of unknown

I was able to track down the fella that built my suburban! He may even be a member of the board somewhere. He bought it out of Arizona in 1999 and shipped it to Manitoba where he built it and moved around Canada with it then sold in 2022 before I got it.
He bought the 468 and trans that’s in it as is so there’s still unknown there about it, but he installed the air ride and c-notch, confirmed it’s still the factory posi rear end with 3:73 gears. The paint was done in 99, all the window seals were replaced, the fuel tank is out of a newer suburban, seats are out of a 95 suburban.
Since posting pics in the link above I’ve taken out the deck and put in a 5” touch screen so I can have Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth, removed the hitch and wiring, removed the trailer brake controller, and tightened the water neck where it was leaking coolant.
I’ve also gotten confirmation that he once had a 325/40r22 stuffed on the back so I can play with wheel and tire sizes. The 22’s aren’t my thing, the tires on it currently have an OD of 29” which is the same as what was on it from factory.

If I drop to a 28” or 27” tire I can drop lower while driving and may have more performance options.

Either way it was a cool phone call and he’s going to send me build pics.
jr2k3_esq is offline   Reply With Quote