View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Differances in 2wd front supension

Well Bry, I don't know if you saw my post about this stuff, but I was pondering the same thing as I have a TON on that truck stuff laying around off a bunch of 99-07 trucks I junked out. I was thinking of the feasibility of trying to make the changes needed to put some of that suspension stuff in a older truck. I know the spindles or knuckles aren't gonna be a drop in thing cause on the newer truck the bottom of the spindle is UNDER the lower control arm it has to do with the ball joint and what not. I want to try and use all of the front stuff including the rack and pinion and sway bar[they are huge]and all of the braking. I also want to try and use some Suburban rear stuff as I have several of those too and they are 4 link coil over the axle[smooth ride].
There are also some [few] 2wd trucks that have the same front as the 4wd. Yep 1/2 trucks with a steering box and torsion bars I think they would be cool to try as well still with the good brakes and other late model stuff.
I'm planning to lock a frame I have down on the frame table and start to see what is what towards this[some day]. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote