View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 09:08 PM   #11
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 72 c10 alternator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird05 View Post
HO455 is the difference in the gauge size of the output wire?
The most complete one I've seen appeared the have the same size wire but there were 2 of them coming off the alternator. One went to an insulated post (Same style as the one next to the battery) near the horn location. There was a second post a couple of inches from the one with a jumper wire between them and some other wires to the voltage regulator.
The other wire I assume went to the battery like normal but, the harness was seriously hacked and it wasn't worth saving so I trashed it.
I wish I could come across a complete one to see how GM actually wired it. It is possible that GM just added a second harness to a regular 37 amp harness.
I believe the extra posts were provided to allow customers a place to hook their large amperage loads near or at the junction point of the main harness where proper voltage sensing would occur.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote