View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 04:01 AM   #744
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
BC, Great pics as always. I sure appreciate them.

I contemplated the whole bearclaw latch thing. Had some cheapies and I am sure I could get them to work to work with stock inside and outside handles, but it would take 500 hours and all kinds of levers and bell cranks (not worth the time). Then was going to go with new stock. I went down to a friends shop (Bones Fab in Camarillo Ca) and he had a beautiful truck there with new stock latches. I took pics of the door jams and interior. Went to close the door, and it would not close. I slammed it and still no close. I walked away leaving the door not closed all the way because I was afraid I was going to break something if I slammed it any harder. That swayed me over to the Altman latches. I was not happy about the price (crazy $$ for a latch), but they sure work well. Just barely push the door and it closes all the way.
I won't lie to you, I have done almost everything to my truck except the Mustang II clip. But when I saw all the work involved with the bear claws I said the only bear claws I will be dealing with are the ones I eat from the donut shop. It's not a problem for you coz you got some mad skills.

I hate to say it coz he's gonna tease me about it but Kabwe aka Bam's 55/58 Chevy Truck Project did the bear claws and made it look easy, ok so some folks are a little more talented then others. The windows already kicked my butt I don't want to do nothing else to those doors but paint them, hahaha and eat a Bear Claw from Randy's Donuts.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-24-2016 at 04:12 AM.
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote